National Geographic’s photo contest is a chance for young photographers to show what they’ve got. At its 23th edition, this contest is already famous and the organizers had much work to do, selecting their favorites among the 13,000 pictures that were sent to them from all over the world. The challenge of finding THE most beautiful shot among so many pictures must have been an almost impossible one!
However, National Geographic chose its winners: There were 3 main prizes and 7 merit prizes, thus 10 in total. In addition, there was a viewers’ prize, which we could not illustrate here, from lack of space. However, this picture deserves attention as well and you may see it at National Geographic’s own site, in the winners section of the photo contest.
1. 1st prize: Gazing at Crater Lake
2. 2nd prize: Confession, Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela
3.3rd prize: Feeding Time
4. Merit prize: Godzilla’s footprint
5. Merit prize: Who let the tigers out
6. Merit prize: Peekers at Bofina Pub
7. Merit prize: Lone Boshman
8. Merit prize: Dancing with Dolphins
9. Merit prize: Girls Dancing
10. Merit prize: Picnic Song